Roberto Ferri was born in Taranto in 1978.
In 1996, he graduated from the “Lisippo” artistic high school in Taranto. He began studying painting as a self-taught and, moving to Rome in 1999, deepened his research on ancient painting, from the beginning of the sixteenth century to the end of the nineteenth century; in particular, he devoted himself to Caravaggesque and academic painting (David, Ingres, Girodet, Géricault, Gleyre, Bouguereau, etc.).
In 2006, he graduated with 110 cum laude from the Academy of Fine Arts in Rome, in the scenography course; for three years he studied with Gaetano Castelli and the last year with Francesco Zito.
Personal Exhibitions – Present in the art history book for schools “ARTE IN OPERA” by Giuseppe Nifosì – Editori Laterza
– 3 May 2015 Participates with the Liquid Art System gallery at ART FAIR NEW YORK.
– Paintings in the GOMORRA series on SKY
– April 8, 2016 inaugurates his personal exhibition in the Gaasbeek castle in Brussels at the same time as the exhibition “DIVINA DECADENZA” curated by Luc Vanackere.
– 20 October 2015 guest at COMMUNITY RAI INTERNATIONAL together with the art historian Claudio Strinati to talk about Caravaggio and the close relationship between his works with those of the master.
– 10 September 2015 13 works are featured in the film “BLOOD OF MY BLOOD” by Marco Bellocchio
– 5 August 2015 personal exhibition at the WHITE ROOM in Capri for LIQUID ART SYSTEM by Franco Senesi.
– 28 March 2014 Personal exhibition at Atelier Marcello Tommasi organized by Etra Events, Florence
– 7 May 2013 the personal exhibition “ROBERTO FERRI Noli Foras Ire and the presentation of the Via Crucis for the Cathedral of Noto” is inaugurated. Palazzo delle Esposizioni – fountain room Rome supervised by Francesco Buranelli, Vittorio Sgarbi and Claudio Strinati.
– August 2011 personal exhibition for “54. BIENNALE DI VENEZIA ”at the Museum of Sacred Art, Salemi, curated by Vittorio Sgarbi.
– In 2009, his personal “ROBERTO FERRI – BEYOND THE SENSES / BEYOND THE SENSES” was inaugurated at the Italian Cultural Institute in London.
– In July of the same year, at the same time as the exhibition “GIOTTO E IL TRECENTO”, the great solo show “ROBERTO FERRI – BEYOND THE SENSES / BEYOND THE SENSES” at the Vittoriano Complex in Rome.
– In 2007, he exhibited in Viterbo, in Palazzo dei Priori, for the “Tuscia Opera Festival” and a personal exhibition of drawings is curated by Robertomaria Siena at the Rdf Gallery in Rome.
– In 2006 he held a personal exhibition of drawings in San Antonio, Texas, at the Anarte Gallery; and some works are exhibited in Florence, in Palazzo Vecchio, for the presentation of the “Toscana Festival”
– He is invited as a guest by Prof. Robertomaria Siena to hold a debate on the canons of his painting at the Academy of Fine Arts in Rome and at the Liceo Artistico in via di Ripetta and immediately after the “Arteinterrazza” event
– In 2004, again at the “Il Labirinto” Gallery in Rome, another solo show, curated by Robertomaria Siena and entitled “Roberto Ferri and the Light of the body”.
– In July 2003, in Sora, he won the second edition of the “Antonio Valente” Scenography Award, and created another solo exhibition.
– In 2003, the first solo show at the “Luigi Montanarini” Contemporary Art Center in Genzano di Roma; it is called “Roberto Ferri and the dream of Parnassus”.
– The exhibition then moves to the gallery “Il Labirinto” in Rome, curated by the art critic and historian Robertomaria Siena.
– In 2014 he participates with the White Room Las at the “Art Winwood Miami”
– In November 2013 he is at the 8th edition of Contemporary Istanbul at The Istanbul Convention and Exibition Center (ICEC) and Istanbul Congress Center (ICC) with the Selvin Gallery in Istanbul.
– Participates in the collective exhibition “THE HERESY OF PAINTING” curated by Robertomaria Siena, Palazzo Orsini in Bomarzo VT. In October he receives the honorable mention at the “FIGURATIVAS 2013” award at the MEAM in Barcelona.
– September 2013 receives the silver plaque at the 40th “City of Sulmona” Award
– August 2013 he exhibits at the exhibition “PAINTING THE MYSTERY” – THE ART OF FAITH TODAY “by the San Floriano Committee, Palazzo Frisacco – Tolmezzo ( UD) and Church of Sant’Antonio Abate, Udine.
– July 2013 he exhibits at the exhibition “WATER, LIGHT, STONE” curated by Vittorio Sgarbi, Fiuggi.
– In March 2013 he participates in the collective exhibition “I HAVE COME TO YOU AGAIN” – BLESSED JOHN PAUL II Michael J.Sheeman Center, Lubbock, Texas curated by Rev. Malcolm Neyland
– In November he is present at the 7th edition of “Contemporary Istanbul ”With the Selvin Gallery in Istanbul.
– In October of the same year he took part in the collective exhibition “PENTAMORFOSI” at the Opera Unica gallery, Rome.
– In September 2012 he participated in the collective exhibition “THE DIVINE IN CONTEMPORARY ART” curated by Roberto Bilotti Ruggi D’Aragona, Museum of Brettii and Enotri, Cosenza.
– In July 2012 he took part in the collective exhibition “SANTA ROSALIA” curated by Roberto Bilotti Ruggi D’Aragona, Palazzi di Napoli and Costantino, Palermo.
– In May of the same year he took part in “A century and 7 FABBRI PRIZE 2012” Alinari National Museum of Photography curated by Alberto Agazzani.
– In January 2012 he participates in “A century and 7 FABBRI PRIZE 2012” Academy of Fine Arts of Bologna, curated by Alberto Agazzani.
– In November 2011 he took part in the collective exhibition “IN THE SIGN OF ROME”, Incontro dell’arte gallery, Rome, curated by Robertomaria Siena.
– In October 2011 he participates in the collective exhibition “ARTISTS FOR NOTO AND ELSEWHERE – THE SHADOW OF THE DIVINE IN CONTEMPORARY ART” Palazzo Grimani, Venice, curated by Vittorio Sgarbi.
– In June 2011 he participates in the 54th BIENNALE DI VENEZIA, Italian Pavilion corderie delle Vergini, curated by Vittorio Sgarbi.
– In September 2010 he participated in the “KITSCH BIENNALE 2010” exhibiting together with the painter Odd Nerdrum and other international artists of the same movement, at Palazzo Cini, Venice.
– In August 2010 he participated in the collective exhibition “THE GUARDIANS OF THE SPIRIT-esoteric vision esotericism of vision” At the Rocca di San Leo, Rimini.
– In the same year he participates in the collective exhibition “NAKED” at the Skotia Gallery, Santa Fe, New Mexico.
– In April 2010 he took part in the collective exhibition “EROTIK” at the Pan Gallery in Oslo, Norway.
– In Rimini at the 2009 art biennial “CONTEMPLATIONS, beauty and tradition of the new in contemporary Italian painting” organized by the curator Alberto Agazzani.
– In Milan at the IEO he participates in the collective exhibition “FOEMINA The breast in art and medicine” organized by Alberto Agazzani.
– At the Galleria Vittoria in via Margutta, in Rome, he participates in the collective exhibition “A più Voices” and immediately afterwards in the “Nike Nike Nike” exhibition, curated once again by Robertomaria Siena.
– In 2008 he took part in the collective exhibition “The poetry of the body” at the Chiari gallery, organized by Alberto Agazzani.
– In New York, he participates in the collective exhibition “Flesh and Passion”, at the Cfm Gallery.
– Also in 2006, at the Vittoria Gallery in via Margutta, in Rome, he took part in the exhibition “Homage to Luigi Montanarini”.
– In the same year, he participated in the VII edition of “Immaginarteinfiera”,
– In the same year, in Rome, participates in the second edition of the “White Night” exposing the Academy of Fine Arts.
– Take part in the first edition of the “White Night” in Rome, exhibiting his works at the Academy of Fine Arts.
– Still in 2003, another exhibition: “Angels, Demons, Miracles and Archons”, at the “Il Labirinto” gallery in Rome.
– In 2002, the first exhibition: the group show Animals and Gods, at the “Il Labirinto” gallery in Rome.